back to Physical Evidence of Humanoid Beings index

Bigfoot physical evidence is plenty, but also riddled with some hoaxes. There are many plaster castings of footprints, hair samples have been collected. There are pictures and videos. There is no doubt in my mind that Bigfoot exists. That is, there are several types of these humanoid, or rather hominid beings, all over the planet. Although reclusive, and living in often very inaccessible places, they have always been encountered by local people. Instead of going into the vast terrain of physical evidence, I am giving you here some very interesting information about these creatures by people who have actually had ongoing contact with them.


     Are all the hominids, the evolved ape species really extinct? If Homo Sapiens hunted the intelligent ape species, it would be natural that they retreated to those places inaccessible to humans: the dense forests. The apes, both the animals and the intelligent species, all have very strong bones and muscles, and are well equipped for survival. What reports do we have of accidental encounters at the edges of those dense forests all over the world: snowman, yetis, Bigfoot and by whatever names they go by.

    That is, strong muscular, large and small in height, hair covered bipedal ape-like humanoids. There are too many stories of these encounters, and too many footprints to dismiss these creatures as fantasy. In 2005 some alleged hair from a Bigfoot was analyzed by University of Alberta wildlife geneticist David Coltman, whose conclusion it was that the hair did not come from any known animal. From what we know, they are definitely ape-like creatures who make high pitched sounds, but do not have a real language; they live in small families, and they shun humans. They are most likely another intelligent ape like species, maybe more than one variety, that is still around on this planet.

     The American native Indians had many stories of Bigfoot encounters. they report that Bigfoot was very strong, had a strong smell/stench. Sometimes Bigfoot kidnapped young women. In some instances these women returned years later and carried the typical smell of Bigfoot. The Indians believed that Bigfoot could hypnotize man and animal.

    Bigfoot seems to have strong mental abilities. In some stories people were paralyzed (unable to move), saw him disappear into thin air, or were unable to see him although he was nearby. There are some contemporary white Americans who claim to have contact with Bigfoot and who say that Bigfoot is strongly telepathic, and has other psychic abilities. Check out .


     A very interesting book is The Psychic Sasquatch by Jack Lapseritis. He himself had many Bigfoot encounters and communications, but he also visited people who had Bigfoot contacts. From his own experiences and those of other people, he came to the conclusion that Bigfoot is very much a human-like species. Although physically having characteristics of the gorilla type, Bigfoot has a human-like face, hands and feet, and long hair (no fur like animals). They are very kind and loving and never harm humans, although they can be quite intimidating, especially when they don’t want people to trespass their territory. They have families, are of different types, and seem to move around, although they usually have a ‘base camp’ in a difficult to access area. Most Bigfoot do not like humans, and will not make contact, but some individual Bigfoot are actively engaged in contact with certain humans, and also communicate with them in a telepathic way. They don’t seem to have any belongings, and are very nature connected. They have the ability to become invisible. This has been observed many times, but it is not quite understood how this functions. Bigfoot can be invisible but still move brushes and make sounds. He can disappear slowly into thin air, while standing, or while walking. He can project and make visible his astral body in front of a witness, even inside their homes. He has been seen many times in connection with flying saucers and aliens. Flying saucers have released Bigfoot after landing, and have picked them up too. Alien beings have been seen with him, or in the same environment. Some people say Bigfoot is extraterrestrial of origin.

This was a short overview of his book. A interesting radio interview with Jack Lapseritis can be found on YouTube. He talks about his personal and ongoing contacts with these remarkable beings.

     There are some very interesting stories about Bigfoot. The following stories are very intriguing as it involves offspring of Bigfoot with humans!

    “Informants: Francis, an Indian woman, age 60 and niece to Patrick, described later, and her mother, Laura, age 85, are members of the Lake Band. Francis pronounces “Skanicum” as if clearing her throat with a mouth full of saliva. This interview with Francis on September 17, 1985, was followed by another with her mother, Laura, at her separate residence at Nespelem. Laura (deceased in 1987) verified everything as reported by Francis, adding many details. Laura relates that as a child she had a much greater interest in things, especially Skanicum, than other Indian women whom she knew. She would ask questions of her Grandfather and Grandmother who explained things to her and passed on many stories. As a child, from about the age of six, she would sleep outside and spend considerable time in the mountains alone, could identify and understood the many sounds that she heard, like the “iiieee” cry of Skanicum.

    Back around the turn of the century (1885-1900) the Indians set up a fishing camp near Keller on the San Poll River (“D” on map, p26). In the evening the men would return, tired and hungry, to camp with their days catch. The women would work all evening processing the fish and putting it on drying racks to dry. While cooking dinner one of the women, a recent bride through bride-purchase, took a kettle and went off after water. Minutes later she was heard screaming. The men rushed to the scene but could only stand and watch as Skanicum carried her off. They knew that Skanicum was very vengeful and if harmed the captive may be injured and the mountains would not be safe for any Indian. As she was carried away, the captive tore off and dropped pieces of her white slip leaving a trail for the men to follow. She was with Skanicum all summer, or at least a couple of months, when the men searching for her on horseback saw her gathering wild potato roots.

     Skanicum was asleep nearby. Upon seeing the men she emptied her lap of the potatoes, crept quietly to them, leaped on one of the horses behind it’s rider, and thus escaped. Upon return to camp all of the Indians immediately broke camp and hastily departed the area. During her stay with Skanicum the woman had gathered roots, etc., which they shared. Skanicum eats anything that other people eat but lives primarily on roots such as that of the thule (tooly) or cattail plant, which they gather, dry, and store in caves. They build fires with flint stone and steal hides from Indians, which they use for bedding and to cover the entrance to their cave.

     During her stay with Skanicum the woman became pregnant and bore a son named Patrick, who grew up on the reservation. Patrick’s body structure was very different from that of other Indians as his arms were very long, reaching about to his knees. He was very short, about 5’4″ tall (his mother was described as “tiny”), possessed a sloping forehead, very large lower jaw, a very large wide mouth with straight upper and lower lips, and straight protruding teeth. He was kind of stooped, or hump-backed. His ears were elongated upwards (peaked) and bent outward at the top. He had very large hands and long fingers, is described as very ugly although extremely intelligent. He attended school on the reservation, was “very smart”, operated a ranch in the area, died at about the age of 30, and is buried on the reservation. Patrick is described as a “gentle” man, never beat or mistreated his wife. He married easily as he had a good ranch and was considered “affluent”. From this marriage to Laura’s cousin was born three daughters and two sons. Both sons died at an early age. The three daughters were named, in order from oldest to youngest, Mary Louise, now about 65 years old, Madeline, and Stella. Stella died at a young age. Mary Louise lives near Omak. A couple of summers ago Mary Louise spent several weeks with Laura. Mary had heard several times over the years that her paternal grandfather was a Skanicum and sought verification from Laura. Laura revealed all to her, confirming that her father was indeed half Skanicum. Mary Louise’ physical appearance is relatively “normal”. However, both girls have wide mouths (look like split from ear to ear), protruding teeth, and squint eyes. But Madeline, who lives on the Washington coast, has other very distinct Skanicum features such as sloping forehead, long peaked ears, etc. She is considered ugly by Indian standards, is an alcoholic spending much time in taverns. Patrick’s wife, mother of these girls, is Laura’s first cousin.

     Francis met Patrick when she was a young girl about eight years old. She reports another incident in about 1982 when she and her niece were returning to Nespelem from Omak just after dark. About two miles from Omak near a gravel pit they passed a Skanicum standing alongside the road.

     About a year later Francis and Laura were returning home when they stopped up on Keller Butte to eat chicken that they had brought back with them. They heard Skanicum scream only a short distance away. So close in fact that they quickly left the area. There is a cave near Kartar on the reservation where Skanicum is known to live.

     Laura reports that some years ago she shot a deer not far from Nespelem. Being alone at the time and unable to load it into her car, she returned the next morning with her grandson. Several Skanicum were on the scene. One, a female, was standing just alongside the road and never moved as Laura drove by her, getting a good look at her. She looked human, was about six feet tall, her body covered with long brown hair, had a sloping forehead with ears that appeared to be pulled upward. Arriving at the deer carcass they found that the liver had been removed, as had the tender parts of both rear flanks. The skin had been carefully rolled from the hindquarters; the meat was very clean (she reiterates and emphasizes how clean the meat was). She and her grandson left the carcass as they found it and left the area. Laura states that there are areas just south of Nespelem and about two miles north of the Columbia River where she can call Skanicum (in his language, she knows how) and he will answer. She believes that they live in the area. At one time she encountered a large male Skanicum on the highway near Nespelem. It tried to converse with her, making organized sounds, leaving her to believe that they have a language. She left quickly.

     Louie, a 79 year old male member of the Columbia-Moses Band, knew Patrick all of his life and remembers him and his family well. He worked for Patrick on his ranch around 1925-1930, describes him as a “pinhead” about 5′ 4″ tall, with larger than normal ears, mouth, teeth, and with large hands he was a very good card player who seemed to instinctively know what everyone else was holding.” (from ).

     Another story is from a captured Bigfoot in Asia in the 19th century: ” In Abkhazia, Western Caucasus, relict hominoids (snowmen) are called abnauyu. While collecting reports in 1962, a colleague of Prof. Boris Porshnev, zoologist Prof. Alexander Mashkovtsev, heard and studied the story of Zana. Subsequently, Porshnev took over where his late companion left off. The following information is borrowed from Porshnev’s work The Struggle for Troglodytes.

Zana was a female abnauyu who had been caught and tamed and who lived and died within the memory of a number of people still alive at the time of the research. She was buried near the village of Tkhina in the Ochamchiri District of Abkhazia in the 1880s or 1890s.
The manner of her capture is vague. Pro­bably she had already changed hands by sale when she became the property of the ruling prince D.M.Achba who was the titular head of the Zaadan region. She passed into the possession of one of his vassals, named Chelokua and still later she was presented to a nobleman, Edgi Genaba, who visited the region. He took her away, still shackled and chained, to his estate in the village of Tkhina on the Mokva River, 78 kilometres from Sukhumi, the capital of Abkhazia.

At first Genaba lodged her in a very strong enclosure and nobody ventured in to give her food, for she acted like a wild beast. It was thrown to her. She dug herself a hole in the ground and slept in it and for the first three years she lived in this wild state, gradually becoming tamer. After three years she was moved to a wattle-fence enclosure under an awning near the house, tethered at first, but later she was let loose to wander about. However she never went far from the place where she received her food. She could not endure warm rooms and the year round, in any weather, slept outdoors in a hole that she made herself under the awning.

Villagers teased her with sticks thrust through the wattle-fence, and she would snatch them with fury, bare her teeth and howl.

Her skin was black, or dark grey, and her whole body covered with reddish-black hair. The hair on her head was tousled and thick, hanging mane-like down her back.

She could not speak, over decades that she lived with people, Zana did not learn a single Abkhaz word; she only made inarticulate sounds and mutterings, and cries when irritated. But she reacted to her name, carried out commands given by her master and was scared when he shouted at her. And this despite the fact that she was very tall, massive and broad, with huge breasts and buttocks, muscular arms and legs, and fingers that were longer and thicker than human fingers. She could splay her toes widely and move apart the big toe.

From remembered descriptions given to Mashkovtsev and Porshnev, her face was terrifying; broad, with high cheekbones, flat nose, turned out nostrils, muzzle-like jaws, wide mouth with large teeth, low forehead, and eyes of a reddish tinge. But the most frightening feature was her expression which was purely animal, not human. Sometimes, she would give a spontaneous laugh, bar­ing those big white teeth of hers. The latter were so strong that she easily cracked the hardest walnuts.

She lived for many years without showing any change: no grey hair, no falling teeth, keeping strong and fit as ever. Her athletic power was enormous. She would outrun a horse, and swim across the wild Mokva River even when it rose in violent high tide. Seemingly without effort she lifted with one hand an eighty-kilo sack of flour and carried it uphill from the water-mill to the village. She climbed trees to get fruit, and to gorge herself with grapes she would pull down a whole vine growing around the tree. She ate whatever was offered to her, including hominy and meat, with bare hands and enormous gluttony. She loved wine, and was allowed her fill, after which she would sleep for hours in a swoon-like state.

She liked to lie in a cool pool side by side with buffalos. At night she used to roam the surrounding hills. She wielded big sticks against dogs and on other perilous occasions. She had a curious obsession for playing with stones, knocking one against another and splitting them.

She took swims the year round, and preferred to walk naked even in winter, tearing dresses that she was given into shreds. However, she showed more tolerance toward a loin-cloth. Sometimes she went into the house, but the women were afraid of her and came near only when she was in a gentle mood; when angry she presented a scary sight and could even bite. But she obeyed her master, Edgi Genaba, and he knew how to bring her to heel. Adults used her as a bogy figure with children, although Zana never actually attacked children.

She was trained to perform simple domestic tasks, such as grinding grain for flour, bringing home firewood and water, or sacks to and from the water-mill, or pull her master’s high boots off.
But she became the mother of human children, and this is the wonderous side of her life story, very important for the science of genetics. Zana was pregnant several times by various men, and, giving birth without assistance, she always washed the newborn child in the cold water-spring. The half-breed infants, unable to survive these ablutions, died.

So, when subsequently Zana gave birth, the villagers began taking the newborn babies away from her in good time, and reared them themselves. Four times this happened, and the children, two sons and two daughters, grew up as humans, fully-fledged and normal men and women who could talk and possessed reason. It is true that they had some strange physical and mental features, but nonetheless they were fully capable of engaging in work and social life.

One of her sons Khwit died in 1954. There were rumours that his father was in fact Edgi Genaba himself, but in the census he was put down under a family-name of Sabekia. It is significant that Zana was buried in the family cemetery of the Genabas, and that the two youngest children of Zana were brought up by Genaba’s wife.

Khwit was powerfully built, had dark skin, but he inherited scarcely anything from Zana’s facial appearance. The complex of human features, inherited from his father, was dominant in them and overruled the mother’s line of descent. Khwit, who died at the age of 65 or 70, was described by his fellow-villagers as little different from the human norm, except for certain small divergences. He was extremely strong, difficult to deal with and quick to pick a fight. In fact, he lost his right hand after one of the many fights he had with his fellow-villagers, but his left hand sufficed him to mow and do other work on a collective farm, and even climb trees. When old, he moved to the town of Tkvarcheli where he eventually died, but he was taken back for burial at Tkhina.
The next stage of the Zana case was taken up by attempts to find her grave and skeleton. As the graveyard had been unused for a long time, Zana’s skelton was not found, but they did exhume the skull of Khwit, Zana’s younger son, whose grave was still well indicated. The skull was brought to Moscow where it was studied by two physical anthropologists. They stated that the skull exhibits an original combination of modern and ancient features … The facial section of the skull is significantly larger in comparison with the mean Abkhaz type… All the measurements and indices of the superciliary cranial contour are greater not only than those of the mean Abkhaz series, but also than those of the maximum size of some fossil skulls studied (or rather were compara­ble with the latter). The Tkhina skull approaches closest the Neolithic Vovnigi II skulls of the fossil series. ” (from )

bigfoot01 bigfoot02

     The above images is a sketch of a Hoopa (Native Indian reservation in Northern california) Bigfoot by forensic sketch artist and agent Harvey Pratt, drawn with the assistance of witness Romeo M. The image below is a depiction of the facial details of Raven U.’s Bigfoot sighting from the Hoopa area, drawn by the same artist.

Here is another interesting story about Bigfoot I found at :

An Interview with Khat Hansen

Choctaw Medicine woman reveals details of Bigfoot encounters

By Brent Raynes

Kath Hansen explains that she is a Choctaw medicine woman, a “Soul Eater” (a type of empathic healer) whose training as a medicine person began back at the age of three. Since age five, she has encountered various spirit beings. One of these (the main subject of this interview) is known by her people as Ste’ye’mah (what we call Bigfoot).

Editor: To begin with, how do you wish to be identified?

Khat Hansen: My name is Khat Hansen. I am an American Choctaw Indian Medicine woman and Soul eater (it is a type of empathic healer). I have retired from the archeology field and now live quietly in the Nevada mountain range.

Editor: You have written in a blog that you’ve been interacting with Ki’ho’sa since age five. You explained that Ki’ho’sa means Bigfoot. You state that he’s neither animal or human, and can do very incredible, if not downright supernatural sounding things. Is Ki’ho’sa a Native American term?

Khat Hansen: Yes, it is Choctaw. That is not exactly correct. Ki’ho’sa means “to forget (me)” in Choctaw. It is the name he has named himself. I have only given him this name as he gave it to me when I was 5yrs. old. He said that is what I was to call him. He is neither animal or human. He is Ste’ye’mah or Bigfoot. I do not call them sasquatch as that is a made up Indian word. It is a conglomeration of words to create one word. Ki’ho’sa calls his kind “my people” or “such as we”. He has never used anything else. The Bigfoot are capable of doing many things that you or I cannot do but at the same time we are capable of doing things they cannot do. It is a balance between us in a way. They do not choose to know our way of living. For example, they do not cook or read, but they are capable of drawing and like music. They do not play music but will play with the instruments per se. They do however mimic bird whistles and song and have used them many times as a form of entertainment. I have had them steal mouth harps and slide whistles but have never heard them play them. I think they took them because they saw us playing them and were curious as to how they work. If I am playing the guitar or sitar they will come down and sit quietly in the bushes or around the area. When they are done they will leave the area and that is all I ever know. They do not tell me if they like it or experience joy or sadness. I do know that they experience anger and rage. They can also forgive, these are the emotions that I have first hand knowledge of with Ki’ho’sa and his kind.

Editor: Does being Native American open you up more to such experiences, do you think?

Khat Hansen: Maybe, maybe not. What I think opens me up to such experiences is the fact that I have been taught to respect and believe in all forms of life. I was taught that I must accept what I am being told and shown by legends and elders and other people what is true. To accept with my heart and mind that what I am being allowed to experience is a gift. I was told at an early age that not everyone can see the Bigfoot. THEY choose who will see them and what capacity it will be. For Ki’ho’sa to have chosen me was a very sacred gift to myself and my people. For him to interact with me over the years has been an even more invaluable gift. He has taught me much about myself and acceptance of things that I do not understand or comprehend.

Editor: Please tell us what you can about Ki’ho’sa and what your own first-hand experiences with him have conveyed to you about what sort of creature he is.

Khat Hansen: Ki’ho’sa is a spirit being who can assume a flesh and blood body. Which simply means: He is a being/creature that has access to this world. He comes and goes of his pleasing. This is why sometimes people say they have found footprints coming from UNDER a small rock and disappearing into a small scrub bush with nothing surrounding it or just stopping in dirt and not continuing anywhere. He can shift and leave this realm/world when he wants. He is not limited to being here as are we. He has different gifts that he uses. That we humans have not learned or been given.

For instance, Ki’ho’sa can mindspeak to people. It is a very unusual gift that took me a long time to get used to. By this I mean he can put pictures into your head and a fleeting voice that is almost like an echo. He uses this to communicate and get his meaning across to me. It is almost like flashcards strung together to create a meaning. When he does this though, it causes me terrible pain in the form of migraine type headaches and nosebleeds that sometimes last for days.

They also are able to cause humans and animals to feel certain feelings. It took me a long time to understand what this process is and a name for it. It is called infrasound or thought blasting. They use it to cause fear, terror, panic, peace, confusion or calm. It is a mind weapon of sorts. They use this when they are feeling threatened by humans to make us leave their area. In this way they will not have to physically attack us although if it did not work they would then resort to leading the person away or chasing them away. If that did not work they would attack. They are capable of anger and evil if they choose. They are not the creatures in Harry and the Hendersons. They are very intelligent and cunning. This is not a human being. Nor is it an animal. It is Ste’ye’mah or Bigfoot.

Bigfoots do not age as humans do. I always say that he is about 175 years old according to my understanding of their aging process. They age much slower than humans. It has something to do with their metabolism being different. This is also why when people have shot at them or hit them with vehicles it does not appear to hurt them. It really does hurt them, but it may take weeks or months for the wounds to manifest. This is why people have seen them just walk away from woundings without marks or blood on them. This is also why certain Bigfoot are seen over and over again for long periods like the yellowtop Bigfoot. He has been in that territory for almost a century… he does not age like us so it is a short period of time to him.

They have many different gifts such as great as a car when they choose. The ability to become invisible (which has been explained to me as “wrapping the light around themselves”). I have pictures of this on my website. Great inhuman strength. And the ability to camouflage themselves into different forms, i.e.: stumps or trees that people do not realize are Bigfoot until they actually see it walk away or go right up to it and realize it is a Bigfoot.

Bigfoot are keepers and trackers of time here on this earth. They are waiting for man to finish his time here. Then they will resume the keeping of the earth. They will begin again and help it to heal and overcome what damages we humans have done.

They do not hold anger against us for doing the things that we have done to this planet. They just understand that it is our nature to do the things that we do. When their time comes they will again help the earth and humans and animals to balance and accept each other. For now they are here, watching and waiting.

Editor: Could you tell a little more about your background?

Khat Hansen: I am a trained archeologist that worked in South and Central America for over 20 years. My field of expertise is Pre-Columbian Civilizations.

Editor: I understand that your first Bigfoot encounter was in Oregon, by the way?

Khat Hansen: Yes, this is where I first met Ki’ho’sa. When I was 5 years old we were deer hunting and the adults had left me in camp by myself. This was a different time back then when children were safe and able to be left alone. I was playing around the camp area with my Barbie dolls (I had brought two with me) when I heard a crying sound. I listened and kept hearing it. I thought another child was left alone in their camp and was lonely. I looked for the sound and found it a ways into the forest. I came up to a fallen cedar tree and there sitting on the ground next to it was a hairy child about as tall as myself. It was crying and rocking back and forth. I just thought it was an ugly child. Maybe it lived in the woods and that is why it was so dirty? Anyway when it realized I was there it stopped crying and just stared at me. I sat down across from it and took my Barbie dolls out of my overall pockets and began to play with them while talking to the hairy child. I was asking it all sorts of questions and it finally got up and walked over to me. I offered it a Barbie and it chose the blonde one and we sat there looking at them and playing with them. Awhile later the hairy child stood up and began to whine and kind of bounce up and down and seemed to be really excited about something. As I stood up all of sudden there was this great big WHUMP! and there landed right in front of me the biggest, hairiest, ugliest thing I had ever seen. It was a male Bigfoot and it was growling this bone jarring growl and grabbing the hairy kid. I kind of screamed and peed my pants and backed away all at the same time. He pushed the hairy child back away from me and put himself between us and just looked at me. I started to scream really loud and turned and ran back to the camp. I hid in the tent the whole time until the adults came back. I told my dad what had happened and he went with me to see the area and the Bigfoot. All he found were tracks. I was very upset because the hairy child had taken my blonde Barbie doll when it left and my dad refused to buy me another one because they were 5.00 dollars.

After camping for two more days we went home which was about 60 miles away. After being home for two days I went down into the canyon below our home to play in my fort and found the Barbie doll sitting on the floor of it. As I was sitting there Ki’ho’sa came out from behind a tree and sent me the thought ‘grateful’ for taking care of his little one.

I was terrified of him, but he did not come close. He only sent me quiet feelings. I found out later it was a boy Bigfoot.

The following is from an anonymous post on the website Bigfoot Evidence :

This is the first time I have shared this story to anyone but my close friends and wanted to do it here.

I grew up on a large ranch in a very rural area. My father was a very successful-we had money- his true passion was the outdoors and he wanted to pass this love onto me.

The area was beautiful but also incredibly wild. I learned to use a gun at a young age because I may need to use it if all other precautions fail. It was like teaching a child to call 911. Only in this case.

We moved in when I was two and by age four or five I considered Sasquatch a part of life and no different than racoons. They are around but meant and did not mean any harm.

I would see one most often when looking out my bedroom window from age 5 on. My mother loved my father and dealt with the area because of that she hated the area and grew up in the city she had one option to avoid boredom that being learning to garden. I remember watching as one would come to the garden and take her crops. She was funny because she did not care and the idea was to pass time not harvest the crops.

I enjoyed fishing and from 8 on would fish from 3 6 or 7 at night depending on the time of year. I also looked for indian relics i still have. I had a small area where I found arrow heads. I say small because it bordered a ridge that I just never crossed and neither did my dad. He told me- look at all thats in front of us if we go there we will miss something here. From 10 years old on I could tell something was watching me fish. I think before that I just thought it was my mom. I knew it was not a bear because they wont watch they will either become aggressive, run away, or go about their business knowing you are there. We also had a caretaker my father hired just to keep tabs on bear and mountain lion. (lion were very rare back then i saw one in my life and that was his tail and hind legs taking off, they stayed in the high elevations and were never an issue) He lived in the guest house and his job was literally to just hike and drive a 4 x 4 looking for animal signs. I was not afraid as if they wanted to harm me they could have long ago. I never released what I caught and would throw fish toward the woods or leave the pile on a large rock near my favorite spot. They did get used to my gifts and I did start to feel like I had to bring something everytime I fished- often it was some garlic or corn on the cob.

I went away to college and the time at school before my first trip home was the longest I spent away from the ranch. It was October and I missed fishing so that is what I wanted to do first. I grabbed a few ears of corn and canned peaches and left them on the rock. I caught three fish and left them all in the general area. I did the same thing the next day and on the third day something I will never forget happened. I was fishing lower down the river by a small inlet.

A Sasquatch appeared and just kept looking at me. There was also one up to my left and I became scared and wondered if I crossed some line I should not have. I did not know what to do but eventually it became clear they wanted something. I was scared out of my mind finally they moved and I felt I had to leave. As I did they started to move making me follow a certain path home. It was on this path where the amazing thing happened.

I was very scared as I thought they were all around me and my mind was thinking-they want me out of here they never did this before- could a Grizzly or wolf be stalking me and this is their way of saying go. As I came around one bend there was a very old Sasquatch that appeared to be waiting. I was very scared and it garbled friend who speak white man and tried to smile. It motioned me to an area where there were three arrow heads and a spear head. This put me at ease and he slowly approached only after he knew I calmed down. He patted me gently on the shoulder. I sat down at this point and he showed me a very large wound on his leg that healed. He said in a very drawn out way that my gifts of food helped when he was injured and he was unable to easily get food on his own and I never bothered them or tried to disrupt the peace of the area. He also told me that his people were of an ancient race- he could speak some of our language because he heard it so much over the years. He was the kind who would follow and listen to men as he was interested in their ways after stories of trading with man were told to him many years ago. He can make sound in this way but not many others because now all learn they must only make sound like the animals around them. He said that his people live with nature and believe in “not fighting or harming other life” and that because of their size ancient people in the past wanted to control them and use them to fight other people over the land. I could not understand another portion where he talked about them fearing man and they were controlled by man’s ability to control fire. He said when I left he was worried something happened to me but now he knew I started “my travels” to learn about the rest of the world. He then said he and his people now must leave this area. A town was growing in an area where for years there had only been our ranch. They had to hide far too often now because of more people and this did not allow them enough time to secure food. He said they could taste in the water the area could no longer be shared.

I asked him his name and he said “Tumack”. His eyes were what I remember as they were very kind and light gray- I dont speak this way but the only description I can use is of “an old soul”. They were almost hypnotic and this was the only time I felt anything but peace as he explained to me this comes from my sensing he knows much of the natural world and while man desires this knowledge he can’t comprehend it and this leads to a clouded mind. This did not disturb me- what did was the fact he said this was important. Not all like him are of a peaceful nature those with “red eyes” he said “those with eyes like blood” are not peaceful and man must be very wary. They will remain in the deep wild parts of areas while those like him populate an area but with them gone these others would soon enter the area and not want peace with others. He said his people were smarter than those he described and because of that they feared them and did not bother them. He said to now be wary of the woods as I while I might think nothing has changed, the others would not consider me a friend as this is not their way. I asked where they would go and he said to a place with much water as this allows them to know when anyone comes to the area with enough warning so as to hide.

This seemed like 10 minutes but when I looked up is was almost dusk. He sensed this as well and said the mind takes much longer to understand the old world and this is why time seems to disappear- the mind is so overwhelmed and preoccupied to notice other things on a subconscious level. I asked him if I could offer anything more and he pointed to the fishing line in my tackle case and the other pieces of string and twine that were a part of my pack. I offered the whole pack and he seemed very greatful. I also offered my swiss army knife which was declined because he said it was too small for them to make use of. I then offered my belt knife and he was at first very leary of taking it believing it was too important and something I would need for protection when in these woods. I told him this was not true as i had many and he accepted it.

He thanked me and left saying we were brothers always bound by our love for nature and maintaining its peacefulness.

The following summer my recently retired father said he needed to speak with me. Our chicken coup was ransacked and my mom did not care what did it. She said she had enough of the ranch and could accept it while it was what is was supposed to be and what he wanted. A haven in the wilderness, an oasis for her to avoid it and my fathers way of having the wild at his finger tips. Now it was the biggest house in a rural boring area becoming dominated by new developments and culdesacks. She was not going to deal with the construction of a new Walmart pushing displaced bears and cougar toward the house. She indulged me on Sasquatch but never embraced the idea openly in front of us.

She wanted him to sell and it was not what he wanted anymore. He wanted my blessing to sell my childhood home. I gave it as it allowed them to go the beach house and log cabin route making both happy.
The ranch where I grew up is still there. A condition of the sale was our caretaker get the guest house and a piece of land and the right to guide hunting trips through the area which has been set aside and will be preserved. We still talk and he says they are all pretty much gone. He said you get a glimpse of one and then could sit in the same spot for a year and not get another. They are not in the area for a reason and when they are it is for a reason and they get in and out quick. He and i did not dwell on it when I was young because he told me we know all we need to know about them- they mean no harm. He stressed teaching looking for signs of dangerous animals, if they may be injured and avoiding snakes.

The are still sightings in the area but only every few months.